Saturday, February 6, 2010

Area IX- Part III

Hello, Area IX. Good bye, cell phone service. Despite our numerous failed attempts to obtain any kind of cell signal, we made all kinds of connections during our final expeditions in east Texas.

We started off our week in Cleveland, Texas. After learning some amazing new jokes (What is the definition of a farmer? Someone who is outstanding in his field. Ha ha.), we made our way on over to Tarkington. If you are ever in the area, you HAVE to stop at the Ranch Hand; I know now why it was voted the "Best of East Texas"...the chicken fried steak is AMAZING. That afternoon, we headed to Coldspring to meet their chapter officers. You guys rock! We ended our day with what Kaleb described as the "perfect East Texas meal": backstrap. Of course, it wouldn't be complete without the latest episode of "The Bachelor". That show is getting pretty intense. I can't wait to see what happens next week. Dun dun dun...

The next day, we stopped by Trinity for a whole school assembly. Talk about some enthusiastic students! It was the perfect way to start off the day before heading on over to Onalaska. We had a nice little chit chat with their principal, Mr. Boyce; he lived in Spain for several years. How cool is that?! That night, we enjoyed some fajitas with the Livingston FFA members before heading back to casa de Kaleb for the night.

Mr. Eichman had a great crew for us in Centerville; I enjoyed hearing all of their different interests...from watching "The Price is Right" to meeting the Dallas Cowboy's Cheerleaders. After our convo with them, we headed on over to Coriagan. I can't wait to see how their talent team does this year : ) Our last stop of the day was in Colmesneil...that was certainly an unforgettable experience. Poor guys, they had such a hard time deciding between coke and dr. pepper...

After another night at Kaleb's house (4 days in the SAME house! That never happens!), we made the trek towards West Sabine. We started to get a little hungry, so we stopped at the local gas station/convenience store/everything else. I bought myself a box of Cap'n Crunch and a carton of milk...and poured myself a cup of cereal to eat in the truck. It's amazing the things that excite us now. Ha ha. Of course, my Cap'n Crunch was nothing compared to the gift we received from West Sabine. I, Allison Grainger, now own my very first piece of camoflauge clothing thanks to their chapter officers. I feel like a true east Texan now!

Our last stop of the day was in Hemphill. We enjoyed some awesome coffee cake and a great conversation with all of their members. I promised I'd give a shout out to my Junior High buddy, Matt...you guys were the bomb diggity! That afternoon, we headed on over to Joaquin. We had a great meal at J.J's and learned all about Luke's watermelon endeavors. Remember, Jodi, if all else fails...

In Timpson, we watched as yet another girl beat all of those buff guys in our rubberband game; way to go, Katie! We enjoyed a lovely lunch at Chik-fil-a with some past Area IX officers, Lane and Hayden. Then, we made our way to Martinsville for our final presentation in East Texas. Ryan and Phillip gave us our own private concert- talk about having some killer guitar skills! And with that, we had officially concluded our Area IX journey.

Don't worry, though. We may have ended our expedition in Area IX, but I am bound and determined to complete my ever-growing "To Do List". Luckily, we have a whole week left in northeast Texas. So, with my camo sweatshirt on my back and my box of Cap'n Crunch in my hand, we will make our way on over to Area VI...where I will surely find a way to mark "squirrel hunting" and "mudding" off of my list of things to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment